Not Clear If Folder Is Read-Only Or Read-Write Enabled.

ctp

I have been using BTSync for a while and still have some old folders from the v1.2/v1.4 beta time (or whatever the version was in the beginning) in case this could be relevant or help troubleshooting my issue.

I never noticed any problems with my folders, but since I recently linked my devices and connected a couple of folders (now using v2.3), some inconsistencies became apparent.

A couple of folders (most likely the oldest ones) only seem to only have a single "READ-ONLY" key when looking into the "Preferences > View Key" section of BTSync. However, when hovering over them with the mouse, they are shown as "Read & Write Standard Folder". The symbol also looks plain normal without the read-only indicator inside the app as well as inside Finder (I am using OS X).

So far so good. Today, I linked another device with my main computer and noticed that on this machine the connected folder is shown as read-only in the Finder view. However, it still listed as a Read & Write folder inside BTSync (with the default folder icon). It obviously it also only has a "Read-only" key, same as on my main computer.

When I add files on this machine, it appears they do not get synced. As I never added this as a read-only folder or want this to be the case - how can I change it?

All I found is this outdated article:

http://sync-help.bittorrent.com/customer/portal/articles/1627229-guide-to-ui-folder-preferences-

but it seems you can no longer find an "Update Key" button in the folder preferences

So would I have to remove this folder and re-add it (loosing connections to other machines in the process) ? Or is there another way to "upgrade" this folder to behave just like the other ones?