Sudden Issues With Android Sync

Megalith

I am suddenly experiencing problems with Android sync. I don't know if it has anything to do with the latest desktop app or Android app, but I didn't have any issues until upgrading.

1. Sometimes syncing never ends. Desktop tray icon spins forever.

2. Android app suggests that data is synced, but none (or only some) of the data is actually on my external SD card.

3. After clearing a folder in the Android app, synced data remains on my external SD card.

The last problem suggests to me that something is wrong with the full sync to external SD card feature; there is an obvious disconnect between what the app is reporting and the actual contents of my card. Restarting the app and rebooting the phone has not helped.

Megalith,

1. Looks like some files got stick. If you've already seen these possible reasons and tips there do not help, please send the logs to support and describe your peers and setup in more details. 

2. Same as 1. 

3. Sorry, cannot reproduce - the files got removed from the phone. How exactly did you clear it, what are the steps or screenshots? You can send these to support together with logs. thank you.

Please note that option to Clear files is available for Selective Sync only, not full sync. In Full Sync files can only be 'Removed" 

I am having so many problems that Sync is now unusable, so I have no choice but to submit a log. But I noticed that the log actually lists the file names of everything you have synced. Isn't that kind of a privacy issue? Not that I care since I only have music synced, but that could be a problem for others.

Also, is there a separate log that the Android app produces that I should be sending as well?

Megalith,

Yes, log has filenames, which is warned about before sending the logs. 

What separate log you mean? Sync writes sync.log in its storage (/data/data/com.bittorrent.sync/files/.sync) - this is the one sent via feedback. If you want systemlog, you can use adb shell. 

Did you already submit it? We cannot find your ticket. Can you please tell its #? 

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing in that folder other than a folder called "files." I have done an extensive search; Sync for Android apparently hasn't made any .log files on my device.

I have a .log file for my Windows installation, but I don't know if that is even worth sending since I seem to be having issues only on Android.