BTsync without ports

Andy+

Well... where to start.

Just to clear things up - I guess/hope you mean that you want to get rid of the ports BitTorrent Sync is currently using and bring in new ports that your company supports?! Right?

Companies usually have smarter firewalls that detect what kind of protocol it is and block it then (BitTorrent protocol in our case) it won't bring you much if it is a SSL connection. Also BitTorrent Sync is based on the BitTorrent protocol which is.. well it's own protocol.

I will say that this is very very unlikely to be "implemented".

BUT. What you can do to still use BitTorrent Sync in a company environment: You can set a proxy,if it is allowed by policies, Firewall etc or you can VPN out of the guest network if you want and then be able to establish a connection to your peers.

As follows :

Just to clear things up - I guess/hope you mean that you want to get rid of the ports BitTorrent Sync is currently using and bring in new ports that your company supports?! Right?

Yes, because if only ports 80 and 443 are used, other ports are not possible to use, this only is possible, if the ports are considered in a firewall.

Companies usually have smarter firewalls that detect what kind of protocol it is and block it then (BitTorrent protocol in our case) it won't bring you much if it is a SSL connection. Also BitTorrent Sync is based on the BitTorrent protocol which is.. well it's own protocol.

Thats true. And because of I visit much companys during my activities sometimes it seems that your part of name - sorry for this - "torrent" it seems very sensible, I don´t know why. I think it´s because of the torrent downloads in the Internet. E.g. in the company I visit today, the website http://www.bittorrent.com or http://forum.bittorrent.com is blocked because is registered as "peer to peer". Now your new http://forum.getsync.com in this case is no problem.

BUT. What you can do to still use BitTorrent Sync in a company environment: You can set a proxy,if it is allowed by policies, Firewall etc or you can VPN out of the guest network if you want and then be able to establish a connection to your peers.

That with the proxy settings is correct of course I have already tested. But alone with this feature unfortunately I can not connect. When I try to remove the hook at port, this is not possible. I can try another port no. but again no port 80.