mintwurm

[Solved] WD Mycloud not syncing

I have recently moved my shared folders to a WD Mycloud Mirror Gen 2.

The NAS contains three folders: Documents, Audiobooks and Movies. Both documents and audiobooks are rather small ( about 10gb each). Movies is much bigger ( about 1TB).

If I start sync on my notebook, it finds my smartphone and tablet immediately. The documents and audiobooks folders from the NAS turn up after ~30 seconds. It takes several minutes until the WD Mycloud is shown as a peer for the movies folder (just checked: 7 minutes !). Indexing the folders has finished. The problem persists even days after first registering the shared folders on the nas.

This happens over WLAN in the same network and over two remote networks. The NAS is definitely online: I could download a file via the wdmycloud web portal.

Transferring files from the NAS doesn't work either: I could upload and download an audiobook. But for movies the connection seems broken. After the notebook found the NAS as a peer for the movies folder, it started reproducing the folder structure ( no actual files - selective sync), but even this couldn't be finished. I organised the movies into different categories. Half of those folders are now allocated in the sync/movies directory on my notebook. The other half has not appeared yet. Transferring a file prompts "the file will transfer as soon as a peer comes online" and that never happens.

As soon as I doubleclick on a placeholder, the WD Mycloud Mirror disappears from the list of peers.

@mintwurm, looks like the issue is solved? though we still do not know what was the root cause. So if it reappears, please return to the support ticket and submit the logs there. Thank you.