[Solved] Synology Sync: Won't share a folder by email

I have two DS 1513+ machines. I have successfully set one up with BT Sync. Everything works as expected. I have a Pro license. 

I have now setup my second machine and have applied the Pro license. However, when I create a folder and then try to share it, it will not share by email. Any thoughts on why this may be? I get an error in the bottom left hand corner of the browser.

1.png

I have my Gmail account authenticated in two different places and receive the test emails.

Control Panel > Notifications

Options > Email Account

My second box I did not have to do this. Both are running the same OS and Sync versions. Both are DS1511+ boxes (I incorrectly stated DS1513+ above). I am not sure what is up with one not acting correctly. I will head to the Synology boards and see what they have to say.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

PS I did uninstall and reinstall the Sync application, then restarted the Synology, on the troubled Synology DS1511+ box last night to be sure. Same issue is still there.

Edited by gabled-bravado-dell

• Helen featured and unfeatured this topic