Always 'sending'

mjlewis

So a while back I noticed that Sync was continually 'sending' on certain folders.

Today, I decided enough was enough.

So I removed those folders from Sync on my Mac (keeping copies of the actual folders on my system), and then removed the folders from my NAS.

I have just added a 5mb folder on the Mac to Sync and it is continually 'sending'. It gets to 98% and then seems to start sending again for some reason.
All that is in the folder are .pdf documents - however - when I go and look on the NAS, they are showing up as .pdf.bts

I have checked and 'selective sync' is not switched on, therefore surely it should just sync and show as .pdf ???

PLUS - just for info, I have tried switching 'selective sync' ON and then OFF again.. and it syncs and stops 'sending' !!
However the files on the Nas are still shown as .pdf.bts but anyway, at least it seems to work.

Any thoughts before I try and resync 36Gb of folders?!  

Surely must be a better way than turn it on and off !?? 

Hi RomanZ!

It seems that I have the same problem. I have a number of devices: two PCs, an Android, Synology and Ubuntu. All run BTSync (Windows the latest, NAS 2.2.5 and Ubuntu stable version from stable repo. Ubuntu BYSync is at a far remote server so I can't take a look to the version easily).

All the devices are connected with sync of several keys/directories. And I see that my Windows PC and Synology tells me that every single directory has xxx files to Ubuntu. What to do? Which log to send you? And it is safe to send a log (it contains a great number of long number sequences)?

Thank you in advance.

@kvv213 It looks like Ubuntu fails to merge trees, therefore all other peers want to send data to it. You can send logs from any of your PCs AND from Ubuntu as well. There is some private data that log contains. These are:

• your files and paths
  • your IPs

That's it. It does not contain anything that can grant us access to your data. The long numbers are usually folder and peer IDs and they designed to be public (for example, folder ids are sent to tracker server). If anyone gets an ID he can't get access to your data. Not even filenames :)

After updating Sync at Ubuntu headless server and re-indexing all the files and re-downloading missing files everything returned to the normal situation. I don't have anymore this "xxxx files are to bbbb".

PS. BTSync process eats a little bit more process at Ubuntu even during idle but I need to monitor it.