Removing device names from Peer List that have been abandoned

I have been testing Bit Torrent Sync and have been really impressed with it and I went ahead and purchased a Pro license to further explore the features. 

I wanted to see how adding and removing devices would react. I had friends and family install Sync and shared a few folders with them and then had them uninstall BTS or I disconnected them and then they disconnected. I am left with their device listed in the Peer List. Is there a way to remove their devices without removing the folder and adding it back to BTS? If not, and I think I understand why I cannot, "hiding" them or having a way to remove them from showing up in the Peer List would be a good future feature.

5 hours ago, GreatMarko said:

Devices will be automatically removed from a folder's peer list after 7 days with no connection (this is configurable via the advanced "peer_expiration_days" setting)

So setting it to '0' temporary would clear them? Would this also apply to my thread here, that is, would my own abandoned but still linked device dissappear, or is it required to unlink from that very device?

55 minutes ago, ivarson said:

So setting it to '0' temporary would clear them? Would this also apply to my thread here, that is, would my own abandoned but still linked device dissappear, or is it required to unlink from that very device?

Yes, temporarily setting peer_expiration_days to "0" will clear cached peers. They will only return once they each become online/connect again.

• 3 months later...

Did this on the YeaSoft package of btsync and ended up with no peers connecting, unable to revert the setting back to original. The dpkg config didn't take either and it took me a while to work around it using another instance of btsync. So if you did this and now have connection issues this would be a good read: http://www.hackviking.com/server-and-dekstop-and-3rd-part-apps/btsync-refuses-to-connect-to-any-peers/

• 6 months later...