btsync is messing up rootfs

Dersch

Hi,

i was wondering why one of my server told me his 100 % rootfs. It is a very light installation of ubuntu server.

So i researched the reason and found Btsync as the bad guy. I have 2 other btsync installation and found the same symptom there.

The /var/lib/btsync is messing up the rootfs and i got more than 10g there! Why? That's not common in linux to mess up the rootfs with a small programm.

I found it on my raspberry as well. There  was more than 2,4g antoher installation had 8,5g occupied space by BTsync.

So why there are such big db files saved in /var/lib/btsync? Why is there no clean up of them? the db are getting bigger and bigger and will break down any system in the future.

What is the workaround for that issue?

br

DIrk

DIrk,

db files keep entries about each file and subfolder in your sync_shares. So the more files and nested folders you have, the bigger db is, nothing is deleted from db. The package was released a few days ago, and has the db grown that big that quickly? 

I think it's the logs and journals files that take much space - these ones and their zip archives can be safely deleted. However, it's highly not recommended to delete the db files. 

Yes, but already before it was too big. But with the new release it is not usefull anymore. So now i decided to delete btsync completely because it is not worthfull to stick to it in this condition. I will step back to older version or to completely another programm for syncing my backups between my servers.

I used btsync  now for about 2 years but it's ressource need is bigger and bigger which is not good for background syncing.