Selective Sync - Subfolders and Files

dole

Hi,

i have encountered a strange behavior concerning the selective sync function. When I (selective) sync a folder on device A, all subfolders and files are synced as intended.

But when new files from device B were stored in this folder, they were not automatically synced to device A altough this folder was chosen to sync. On device A I have to click again on the sync button in the webinterface for each new subfolder and file which was created by device B. This is annoying since a check of the web interface is always necessary.

The described problem occurs on windows and synology. 

Furthermore I have a proposal to improve the selective sync functionality. When I pick files and folders from selective sync folder I would like to have always the opportunity to click "sync" for the whole folder afterwards, in case I decide to sync it completly.

Best regards

6 hours ago, dole said:

But when new files from device B were stored in this folder, they were not automatically synced to device A altough this folder was chosen to sync. On device A I have to click again on the sync button in the webinterface for each new subfolder and file which was created by device B. This is annoying since a check of the web interface is always necessary.

Yes, that's how it currently works. Syncing a folder is just a one-time request to sync all files in that folder (or subfolders). It's not 'sticky' in the sense that new additions to that folder get synced as well. The behaviour of Sync differs from that of Dropbox et al., in this respect.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...