PaulU

Linux move btsync folder

I'm running btsync on a Linux desktop with a number of shared folders ask under my own pro identity. My disk is nearly full and I wish to move all synced folders to an external drive I've mounted & continue syncing in this new location from where I left off. Unsure how I can do this. Can anyone help? Thanks

@PaulU When folder is moved within one partition - you can just move it and Sync will follow. When you are moving folders between partition, do the following:

1. Shut Sync down
  2. Move the folder
  3. Start Sync. It will display the "Folder not found" link in folder status.
  4. Click the "Folder not found" and point Sync to a new folder location. Sync will pick up new folder location.

Thanks @Roman Z 

I did as you suggested. However, at step 4 , I get the error message...

'Sync does not have permission to access this folder'

Checking ownership & permissions of files - pre-move they are all drwxr-xr-x btsync btsync; post move drwxrwxrwx btsync btsync

The Seagate 2TB external drive was originally formatted under Windows - but is read/writable by Linux.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Thanks @Roman Z 

I did as you suggested. However, at step 4 , I get the error message...

'Sync does not have permission to access this folder'

Checking ownership & permissions of files - pre-move they are all drwxr-xr-x btsync btsync; post move drwxrwxrwx btsync btsync

The Seagate 2TB external drive was originally formatted under Windows - but is read/writable by Linux.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

'Sync does not have permission to access this folder' means permissions. Check not only the files inside sync shares, but also parent folders and write access to the root of attached drive.