indexing stalled

pjg

For some reason Bittorrent Sync stopped working with the 2.3.3 update.     I use it to keep my Documents folder on my mac desktop and my mac laptop in sync.   This was working until the 2.3.3 update.   In a desperate attempt to get it working again I uninstalled bittorrent sync from both computers, deleted all the .sync folders, deleted the BittorentSync folder in Application Support and group.com.bittorrent.Sync from Library/Group Containers.   I did a fresh install on both computers.   Re-entered my license.  Linked the two devices.   I added the Documents folder of my desktop as a standard folder and waited for it to finish indexing before connecting Documents on my laptop.   There are 84 GB in Documents on my desktop.  Sync indexes up to 77.7 GB in about 4 hours, and then hangs on the indexing step.   I let it run overnight and it was still indexing and showing 77.7 GB in the morning.    

I did this complete uninstall and reinstall a few times and every time the indexing stalls out at some random size.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2.3.2 is still working for me a day after downgrading.   I did notice that 2.3.2 indexed up to 77.7 GB also, but then it stopped indexing and all seemed to work fine thereafter.  Not sure why the 84 GB folder only shows 77.7 GB in Sync but files appear to be syncing correctly now.

we'll look into indexing on 2.3.3.

@pjg As for 84 Gb vs 77gb - Do you see those 84 gb in Finder's Get Info details on Documents? Try checking it with Terminal: navigate to Documents folder and run command <du -sh> there. This will shows the actual file size of Documents as well and possible 'permission denied" files/folders. Also, check if any items there have "Locked" attribute .