some files in folder not sync

flyh

version: btsync arm 2.3.3

When I sync the whole folder(totle 20G) which has lots of files and folders, Most files can do well, but I find some files can not sync. Here is the history(like added file WEB-INF/classes/test.file can not sync)

未命名图片.png

Edited by flyh

A couple of points to note; firstly, Sync can't sync files that are open/locked/in use by other applications. Such files will only sync once they are closed by their respective applications. Secondly, check the exclusion rules in the IgnoreList file - this file includes a set of editable rules which instruct Sync to exclude certain files/folders from syncing. For more information, please see this Help Center article.

16 hours ago, GreatMarko said:

A couple of points to note; firstly, Sync can't sync files that are open/locked/in use by other applications. Such files will only sync once they are closed by their respective applications. Secondly, check the exclusion rules in the IgnoreList file - this file includes a set of editable rules which instruct Sync to exclude certain files/folders from syncing. For more information, please see this Help Center article.

I see the IgnoreList file:

# OS generated files #
.DS_Store
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes
ehthumbs.db
desktop.ini
Thumbs.db
# Temporary files #
~*
*~
.~lock.*
*.part
*.crdownload
@eaDir
@SynoResource
.@__thumb
._*

I find the file collect.properties can not sync, but I can not find the rule from  the IgnoreList file  to ignore the file collect.properties.

If I clear the IgnoreList file , Can I sync all of files?

Edited by flyh

Hi there,

I'm having the same issues. Empty directories, files set a 0kb on target drives (selective sync is OFF, IgnoreList untouched with no apparent reference to non-syncing files).

Have the latest versions for both Mac client (2.3.3) and Android (2.3.5) - all worked fine on previous versions.

Files are non in use on my Mac before syncing, and show up in my history as 'added' thus this should work fine, but for some reason it doesn't.

Can anyone help?

Edited by Hauser

@all,  If you find a file that does not sync, here you can see the most widespread reasons for it, and tips to fix. 

If they do not help, please give more details about your setup, peers, the way they are connected - RO or RW, the file itself, and send the debug logs from two peers - the one that it so upload the file and the one that cannot download it, here's how to send logs

23 hours ago, Helen said:

@all,  If you find a file that does not sync, here you can see the most widespread reasons for it, and tips to fix. 

If they do not help, please give more details about your setup, peers, the way they are connected - RO or RW, the file itself, and send the debug logs from two peers - the one that it so upload the file and the one that cannot download it, here's how to send logs

Thanks Helen.

I've removed and re-added the folder, and it seems to be working now.

What I suspect is that since the latest update, for some unknown reason the BitSync has been entirely unable to write anything files to the SD card. Had to remove and re-add all folders, and hopefully this is now working again. If not, will have to down-grade my Android version.

Also, when adding folders in the latest Android App using the QR code, the target location is set to: SD:///'FOLDERNAME', which promptly results in a 'directory not found' upon sync start. The only way around this at the moment is to manually select the folder.

This is a bug and should be fixed.

Screenshot_2016-03-16-10-27-59.png

Edited by Hauser
Screenshot added.

Thank you for the screenshot, known issue and is files with developers. Caused by SD added as default folder location, this you see three slashes //// in path --> "Cannot identify" error right after adding the folder. 

a workaround - either not keep sd card as default folder location, or click CHANGE (see on your screenshot) --> on SD card, go to card root, create your "FolderName", so the path will be SD://foldername, not SD:///Foldername,  add it to Sync.