Connection between BTSync and Owncloud

Good morning,

one of the reasons why I use Sync is to have an offsite data replication on my VPS. As an additional benefit, I would like to have something like a website for seeing, not editing, the content.

For such a reason, Owncloud seems to be the perfect choice.

Is there anyone experienced in combining these two tools?

Thank you for your help,

br,

Connor

Connor,

Generally it's not advisable to 'feed' same files to two syncing solutions - cloud and cloudless,  especially the ones that have different architecture. We cannot account for how Owncloud works and what it does with the files, and how it'll affect Sync . However, there were a few people who use (or tried to use) Owncloud+Sync setup , and the problems you may (but not necessarily will) encounter are - lack of access, files being locked/in use, too frequent file update and thus resyncing or re-indexing. 

Helen,

thank you for sharing your thoughts. For me, Owncloud would not serve as a syncing client. This would only be done by BTSync. Owncloud should only act as a webfrontend for me. So thinking about such a setup - why should it cause problems?

On the other hand - can you recommend another webfrontend to access and possibly download the files?

Thank you - or others of course - for your feedback.

Connor0308,

yes, I know that Owncloud itself won't be a peer, but still, even if you download the files from the cloud to your machine, and then sync these with Sync, who knows how Owncloud and Sync will co-exist when accessing these files. I'm not sure how exactly you are going to use it, and  I don't know details of how Owncloud works, so I just warn about *possible* narrow places. This setup is not checked in the lab. 

When it comes to webUI for managing files - in Sync there is no such, cause the files are on your local drives. I can recommend a file manager to access the files :D Perhaps the cloud users will be of better help.