[Solved] problems with installing btsync in linux mint 17.3

ddh

Hello,

I want to sync folders between laptop Windows10 pro with desktop Linux Mint 17.3

Followed instructions for official linux packages, added ripository & key and installed btsync.

Opened webui, created id which is same id of my desktop 

Via options/preferences/general : change of default folder location : error message "you do not have permission to write to this directory"

via options/preferences/login :  my password is requested for user adminst ?

Via add folder :  /home/user/btsync/foto : error message "don't have permission to write to selected folder"

Seems there is a problem with my identity. 

What do I wrong ?

regards

• ArtemPronevskiy changed the title to [Solved] problems with installing btsync in linux mint 17.3

hi ArtemPronevsky

Sorry to come back but I still have problems with permissions : 

files like .odt etc which can be modified on linux pc and windows laptop are, after syncing from windows to linux only available in "read" on linux

On linux, I change permissions with the command sudo chmod -R ugo+rw /directory of sync folder, resulting in writing and reading files in this directory.

modifying a file in linux again is, after syncing, in read and write on the windows pc. 

if I modify this file in Windows, I get it, after sync, in read only on the linux pc !

FYI : during installation I add folders on the windows pc and via manual connections + code added a folder on linux (folder  /bittorrent, not in home/)

what is wrong ?

regards