DSM 6.0 upgrade says Sync not compatible

2 hours ago, RomanZ said:

@poLoNes My bad. ARM build requires /lib/ld-linux.so.3, while ARMHF binary requires /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3. Could you please find ld-linux-armhf.so.3 on your DSM and create a symbolic link to it in "/lib"?

This binary does not exist in DSM 6 . :(

Edited by poLoNes

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DS 412+  Updated to Dsm 6.0-7321 and btsync version 2.3.6-1 works using the manual instruction by QuaCKeReD.

Just a note, during the last 2 months when btsync through the package centre wasn't working quite well. The docker version actually works. Would be awesome if the official btsync docker script was kept up to date. Currently still on version 2.3.2.

@RomanZ Please check the attachment, here you can see what happens. When the machine starts the status of the app is Stopped. I can't start it until I enable the admin account again.

In DSM 5.2 (and before) I never had this issue, the app just started automatically after startup and the admin account was always disabled.

19-4-2016 12-58-54.mp4

idk of the attachments is working, if not: http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2wm1jsl/9

Edited by doublelucky
add video link

@RomanZ Yes that's right. As many Synology 'tutorials' advise me (even Synology writes it in their How_to_add_extra_security_to_your_Synology_NAS (point 2), page) the first thing I do at a new Synology is create a new admin and disable the default admin. This never caused any troubles until the new DSM update. 

When I enable the admin, the BitTorrent app starts normally, if not it wont start.

Edited by doublelucky

On 20/04/2016 at 8:46 PM, RomanZ said:

@doublelucky Sync is designed to run under default admin, and when it is disabled - it won't run. We'll review if it can be changed in future and run under some other account, but this is how it works for now.

@RomanZ I have to agree with @doublelucky the security reduction in enabling the default admin (even with a changed, 32 character complex password) is really frustrating, especially considering it worked in DSM 5 without it enabled. If it can be looked at to create its own account, or use one specified by the users so I can then limit its permissions and re-disable the admin account that would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

@JSF Docker image with Sync 2.3.7 is now publicly available - JFYI.

@jpsimmonds I wouldn't call it security reduction. Syno was working just fine with admin allowed till DSM5.2. They are improving their security by disabling admin. Though, we are aware of it and will definitely check the possibility of moving Sync from admin account.

@David Loke We are working to get back to official store. So, if under "this issue" you  mean the message that Sync is not compatible - no, it is not yet resolved. Although, if you need to get your Sync working on DSM6 you can simply grab Sync package here and manually install it.

• 4 months later...

Hi I have run into the same issue- Synology wants me to upgrade from 5.2 to 6.0 but I am dependent on Bittorrent Sync.

@RomanZ that link that you provided doesn't seem to work for me- I get an "Oops" error.

What is the recommended procedure to update my Synology DS213 (MARVELL Kirkwood 88F6282) to DSM 6.0 while still having a Bittorrent Sync client on it?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...