DSM 6.0 upgrade says Sync not compatible

@RomanZ i went on the page you suggested (http://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/206215185-Synology ) but it didn't work.

Beside the DS115 which now seems working after automatic updates, on the other side of the sync I have a DS415 Play, which should mount a x86 architecture if I'm not wrong:

sync.PNG

I tried to upgrade BT Sync from version 2.0.93-1 to the latest version available 2.3.6-1

sync2.PNG

From the support page you linked, I tried the manual installation of the package

https://download-cdn.getsync.com/2.3.6/Synology/bittorrentsync_x86_2.3.6-1.spk

But I get the error message "This package is not supported".

sync3.PNG

Am I missing something? The package I choose is the right one for my platform? If not, what should be the right package to use? If it is the right one, why it isn't working?

Thanks for your support that is better than the official synology support.

Edited by Carlogubi
Editing

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 26-3-2016 at 3:48 PM, uytemaf said:

Thanks for the brilliant idea!!!!!

I did find the 2.2.7 version for my DS215j. I installed it and it works!!! 

Here is the link for the Synology DS215j
https://download-cdn.getsync.com/2.2.7/Synology/bittorrentsync_armada375_2.2.7-1.spk

Is there a way to backup all the links i have setup to sync to the NAS. Because it is all empty now and have to reconfigure all the sync tasks.

For DS215j the 2.3.6 works!

I tried the new 2.3.6 version and it installed flawlessly!!! Working 100%

https://download-cdn.getsync.com/2.3.6/Synology/bittorrentsync_armada375_DSM6_2.3.6-1.spk

Thanks to BT Sync and synology crew!

Well given the popularity of Synology NAS and the fact that DSM 6 was "baking" for the past few months I find it very disappointing that BTS would not have a compatible version by now (and yes I am a paying pro user).  I know, not an useful post, just my feedback...

7 minutes ago, AlexT said:

Well given the popularity of Synology NAS and the fact that DSM 6 was "baking" for the past few months I find it very disappointing that BTS would not have a compatible version by now (and yes I am a paying pro user).  I know, not an useful post, just my feedback...

100% agreed

@AlexT

We have. You can take it here.

As for the "Non-compatible" message - well, every vendor has their own software review cycles. This is not something that depends on BitTorrent.

So, is the compatibility issue mentioned above in this thread, gone now, or what is the latest with Sync & the cedarview product line at this time?

Can I safely update to DSM 6 without fear of losing SYNC and not having it function, or am I still waiting?

Edited by Bob_Collins

On 25-3-2016 at 2:01 PM, joeyvandijk said:

Also important to note is that you need to enable the "admin"-account. If it is enabled it will also say "Failed to run package service". I installed DSM6 and it did not work due to I did not use the admin-account.

@joeyvandijk This works for me! Thanks a lot!

I tried a lot but the app won't start automatically after a reboot.

On 21-2-2016 at 11:27 AM, RomanZ said:

@kornac Try do the following: when you SSH to Syno, navigate to "/var/packages/bittorrentsync/scripts" and run "sudo ./start-stop-status start" and let me know the output of you see (ensure that no other versions of Sync are running prior you do it, of course). This is pretty much the same Syno does when you click the "Run" on DSM.

@RomanZ I got the following message, although I had root access.

$ sudo ./start-stop-status start
Password:
Starting BitTorrent Sync ...
Your account has expired; please contact your system administrator
su: Permission denied

I also tried /usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf and this does start btsync, but after a reboot I have to start it manually again.

But knowing I can start the service with the admin account enabled is OK for now, at least I can use btsync :) Hopefully a next update will solve this problem.

Count one more success, following above links, for a DS1815+ (avoton) - below showed no warning or errors at all;

@RomanZ When I got my Syno I created a new admin and disabled the default user called 'admin'. 
I installed the app with the new user and this always worked normally, until I installed DSM 6 last week. I reinstalled it, replaced the btsync file as you write in your manual but it doesn't started automatically.

I tried your /usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf with that new admin and that starts the service, but after a reboot I have to do it again.

But I did what joeyvandijk writes, I login with my new admin, enabled the default admin, go to Package Center and just run the app (still logged in as as the new admin). And after that I disable the default admin again and it works like it should. 

@Zeppo VA @poLoNes What's the error? Does it say it can't start package or something else? What about manual starting of Sync - does it work? If no - what is the error displayed?

To start Sync manually on Synology, login via SSH under admin account and execute command line:

/usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf

2 hours ago, RomanZ said:

@Zeppo VA @poLoNes What's the error? Does it say it can't start package or something else? What about manual starting of Sync - does it work? If no - what is the error displayed?

To start Sync manually on Synology, login via SSH under admin account and execute command line:

/usr/local/bittorrentsync/bin/btsync --config /usr/local/bittorrentsync/var/sync.conf

@RomanZ , not start.

btsync+owner.png

The owner is admin and not root, is that correct?

sync.conf+owner.png

btsync.png

root.png

Edited by poLoNes