fatso83

Hundred of empty .Conflic folders: parent has fs error

Recommended Posts

We have a problem with sync producing hundreds of (usually empty) *.Conflict folders and the debug log is producing 100MB per hour of crap. A lot of it is stuff like:

[20160412 10:00:01.486] JOURNAL[0123]: won't perform job for entry "Admin/Admin/DAGLIG DRIFT/ANSETTELSER/Petter Gillebo/215.05 Tidsbegrenset arbeids.textClipping/com.apple.ResourceFork" - parent has fs error
[20160412 10:00:01.486] JOURNAL[0123]: Setup entry job "FileEntryJob" for path "Admin/Admin/DAGLIG DRIFT/ANSETTELSER/Petter Gillebo/215.05 Tidsbegrenset arbeids.textClipping/com.apple.ResourceFork", next state is "COMPLETE", queue size 0 313 0
[20160412 10:00:01.486] JOURNAL[0123]: remote entry job complete for entry "/Users/IngerFrost/BitTorrent Sync/Frost Arkitekter/Admin/Admin/DAGLIG DRIFT/ANSETTELSER/JohnDoe/215.05 Tidsbegrenset arbeids.textClipping/com.apple.ResourceFork"
[20160412 10:00:01.486] JOURNAL[0123]: { "dl_failed": false, "file_hash": "DEC4716639E4E60F2A05A151B8AFCC78D245A3A2", "file_id": "0:0", "fs_error": true, "have_pieces": 0, "ignored": false, "info_hash": "4C0B4E3E487D7F5B5DF605A3C276139C17097C87", "invalidated": false, "link_content": "", "locked": false, "mtime": -1, "name_on_disk": "com.apple.ResourceFork", "otime": 51706, "owner": "106BCD002BBCE0DA447EBF1B2FA921A48A92B104", "path": "/Users/IngerFrost/BitTorrent Sync/Frost Arkitekter/Admin/Admin/DAGLIG DRIFT/ANSETTELSER/JohnDoe/215.05 Tidsbegrenset arbeids.textClipping/com.apple.ResourceFork", "perm": 0, "ph_ext": ".bts", "placeholder": false, "pvi": "pvi[NULL]", "selected_for_dl": true, "size": 582, "state": 1, "time": 1460406692, "total_pieces": 1, "type": 5 }
[20160412 10:00:01.486] JOURNAL[0123]: won't perform job for entry "Admin/Admin/DAGLIG DRIFT/ANSETTELSER/JaneWalther" - parent has fs error

We have restarted the mac and sync several times. We have no idea how to debug this further. Pointers?

log.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have no idea what is the cause of the above errors, but deleting all the conflicting folders seems to have fixed things. For now ... we have turned off syncing on a few other computers, so we will see once we start hooking them up again.

This is what I have done so far

# Find all conflicting folders and list its contents
find  /Users/Frost/BitTorrent\ Sync/Frost\ Arkitekter/ -type d -name '*Conflict*' -print0 |sudo xargs -0 ls

# Delete all empty conflicting folders
find  /Users/Frost/BitTorrent\ Sync/Frost\ Arkitekter/ -type d -name '*Conflict*' -print0 |sudo xargs -0 rmdir

# After inspecting the remaining folders (see first command), moving any important files to the original folder,
# start deleting all the remaining conflicting folders
find  /Users/Frost/BitTorrent\ Sync/Frost\ Arkitekter/ -type d -name '*Conflict*' -print0 |sudo xargs -0 /bin/rm -r

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.