Rescan Interval Windows 2008R2 not working

BenjaminLa

Hi everyone,

I'm using Bittorrent on 3 different support and all work.

The only issue i am encountering is that the rescan intervall is not working even if i put 1 sec or 86400 sec on my Windows 2008R2.

I have one Bittorrent Sync on a Debian server, one on a Synology and the other on 2008R2.

The configuration is that the files on Synology and 2008R2 are send to the Debian Server. I would like to save these files every 24hours and not every time a file is changed or created.

On my Synology i put the rescan intervall to 86400 sec (24hours) and it works perfectly. The 86400sec on 2008 R2 is not working at all, it save every file who are changed or created almost instantly...

Here is the versions I use on the different servers :

Debian : 2.2.7

Synology : 2.2.5 (can't be upgraded I think)

Windows 2008 R2 : 2.3.3

Can my problem comes from the difference between version 2.2.x and 2.3.x ??

Can someone help me to solve this problem ?

Thank you everyone.

Tell me if you don't understand everything, English is not my primary language :S

The "folder_rescan_interval" setting is working correctly, as is a purely fall-back for OS's which don't automatically notify sync when files have changed, and therefore the only way for sync to know if a file has changed is to manually rescan folders itself at a recurring interval.

However, on Windows-based OS's Sync is automatically notified by the underlying OS when files changed, and therefore transfers begin almost instantaneously.

If you only want your Win2k8 server to sync "once a day", you'd need to setup a scheduled task in Windows to execute BTSync.exe (or start the sync service) at a time of your choosing, and exit/stop the server it a short while later.

Another possible solution, which may help you - is FileDelayConfig file in %appdata%\ BitTorrent Sync directory. You can add your files types there, value is in seconds. The file is case sensitive and in  JASON format so you might want to run it through JASON validator. 

• 1 year later...
On 2016. 04. 16. at 0:58 AM, GreatMarko said:

The "folder_rescan_interval" setting is working correctly, as is a purely fall-back for OS's which don't automatically notify sync when files have changed, and therefore the only way for sync to know if a file has changed is to manually rescan folders itself at a recurring interval.

However, on Windows-based OS's Sync is automatically notified by the underlying OS when files changed, and therefore transfers begin almost instantaneously.

If you only want your Win2k8 server to sync "once a day", you'd need to setup a scheduled task in Windows to execute BTSync.exe (or start the sync service) at a time of your choosing, and exit/stop the server it a short while later.

Having a trigger from OS, that a file was changed, should not necessarily followed by a sync action in Resilio Sync.

It is a developer decision, what to do with the input from the OS.
If there is a condition in Resilio Sync, that if the file was already synced in last X seconds or minutes, then ignore the file.

So I think this is a bug in Resilio Sync.

The FileDelayConfig is not working either.