Android: All Items In Directory Self Delete After File Change

Megalith

So here is another absurd problem I have encountered. I have a directory of music files that I have synced to my Android device. After updating the ID3 tags of some files, the Sync app will actually delete every single file in the directory instead of simply updating/re-downloading the changed files. Worse, the app will not re-download the files; all of the files just sit there with an empty progress bar and an X at the end. Does this make any sense?

Megalith, it can be related to Selective Sync. First do you have read-write or read-only folder on the Android peer? And does the folder located on SD card? If yes, we probably know about it. But files should remain on your device, they should only be "unsynced" in the Sync.

Yes, the folder is read-only on the Android peer and located on external SD. I believe the files remain on the device but are left in an unreadable state; my audio player will not show any of the files in the directory unless I re-download them by turning selective sync on and then back off.

Is the solution to make the folder on Android read-write? How do I go about doing that?

Edited by Megalith

Megalith, thank you for clarification. Then we certainly know about it and that bug will be fixed in future.

now as workaround you can save your files on the internal memory (I know that it might be inconvenient) or save files inside Sync's sandbox folder on SD card:

path_to_SD_card/Android/data/com.bittorrent.sync/files