Files deleted after removing disk

fr0sty

I have 2 computers which sync a folder over network using BitTorrent Sync.
I removed one disk with the shared folder from the computer, i want to install it in another PC. After booting the computer BitTorrent Sync told me that the shared folder was no longer there. When i checked my other computer BitTorrent Sync had deleted all the files in the root of the shared folder, the folders were still there. Is this supposed to happen? 

Edited by fr0sty

@fr0sty

Do you switch same usb drive between two PCs? What version of Sync? 

IF yes, then when you disconnect the drive from PC1, Sync there will say "Fonder not found" - it's OK. If you mean something else, can you share more details? 

And do I get it right, when you plug the drive to PC2, you see all files deleted?? To avoid it, make sure that you unplug the drive from PC1 correctly when it's ejected properly from the system. Or stop Sync there before removing the drive. 

If it's not your case, give more details about your flow, and if you have logs recorded capturing that happen, please submit them to support

PC1 & PC2 were setup for sharing/syncing a folder.

1. I removed an internal HDD which had the shared folder from PC1. 
2. I booted up PC1 again, Sync showed that the shared folder was no longer there, which was correct. 
3. I booted up PC2, i saw in the history of Sync on PC2 that it had deleted the files in the root of the shared folder after booting. 

Lucky for me i still had the files on the HDD which i took out of PC1. 

I'm sorry i do not have log files, because i immediately removed Sync from PC1 after seeing that Sync was deleting files on PC2.

@fr0sty,

just removing the drive from a remote peer cannot cause file deletion on local peer. So there is something else, missing from description. 

yeah, it's understandable that you uninstalled Sync, however, these only three steps are not enough to get to the root for the problem and without logs it's hard to teel what exactly happened in your particular case.