All folders disconnected on all my devices

NNois

Hi,

This morning all my folders are disconnected.

That's a big problems, We had like 20 plus Project Folder actives and somes projects shared with clients are 200 GB or more !

I've tried to update from 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 but it's the same...

1. What's the correct way to reconnect to an existing folder

2. After reconnected is it a know problem and fixed now or is this going to happen again ???

3. Maybe a simple trick can reconnect again our folders ??

@NNois Could you please elaborate on what you mean that folders get disconnected? Do you see them outlined with dashed line (like re.png ) or your list of folders is simply empty? Screenshot would be great.

1. There is an article describing adding your pre-populated folders. Note deleting extra folder name - important step.

2. It depends on the problem you encountered. If all your folders are simply gone, we've encountered it in the past and get it fixed starting from 2.3.4. It also could happen if something damages Sync internal files, especially sync.dat. BTW, note, that sync.dat is backed up to sync.dat.old every time it is saved, so you have a small chance to bring back all folders if you rename back sync.dat.old to sync.dat.

3. See above in p2 :)

Hi,

Yep the entire list was like re.png (icon outlined with dashes) and no, folders are here and full of datas !

At the time i read you i've already found the article on re-populating folder, i'm in the process with that but re-indexing folder with tons of files is very long.

I'm not very sure because it wasn't me but i think maybe that's happened when a computer of us was rebooting on another OS with an outdated client + this computed has the same hostname, does this could cause any problems ? 

Not likely. Even if you have Sync installed on each of the OS, they will have different peer ID and storage (well, of course there is a chance that these two machines share system root). 

but initially this will happen if the settings were not saved correctly on quitting Sync. This may happen, for example, if updating from 2.3.0-2.3.1. 

Now, you need to manually connect the folders to existing paths, as instructed in p1 by Roman. 

@all,

Is there any pattern, like it started happening after updating from 2.3.0? Do you quit Sync correctly? How many devices are linked?  Can you please check one thing: when you notice them disconnect, go to My devices -> this device and see which Sync mode it has. 

This issue never happens in the lab, so we'll really appreciate it if you could send the debug logs to support right after it happens. Thank you. 

good evening - i just logged a ticket (43274) for this very same issue as well.  2nd time in a week this has happened, I spend all last weekend re-sync-ing.  I have started the process again.  What I have noticed is that the .sync folder is missing.  Like NNois, I just got to my computers and saw everything disconnected.   

humm trying to find the log on the master NAS but can't find any line dated dated from the 25 april all the sync.log file & sync.log.######.zip (17 files in total) files contains logs from 1 little week no more. (in /usr/local/bittorentsync/var/

is there any other place to look ??