"no network cnnection" despite being connected

kotor610

hello all, i'm having issues syncing up my computer, the computer is connected directly to my router, and the computer definitely has access to the internet (i can connect to the computer remotely) yet BitTorrent sync says there is no network connection. if i restart the application, it works fine.

my question is there a predetermined wait time between how frequently it checks for internet connectivity? is there some other reason the connection is dropping consistently despite having a wired connection?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem. The program keeps telling me "No Network Connection" and showing 0 peers online when I'm positively connected.

I'm running BTSync 2.3.7 in Mac OS 10.9.5 and the problem appeared after the update to version 2.3.7. No changes in the network in the meantime. Other colleagues within the same network are running BTSync fine.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole thing but to no avail.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@rousern7 For norbert78 that was an issue with configuring his adapter. Nothing we can deal with. Unfortunately, he did not respond how did he manage to solve the issue. for mfresco the issue was that the name of his adapter was not the standard one "en0, en1 ..." for Mac, but "bridge0" instead. Could you please share your ifconfig output?

• 9 months later...

I also have this issue. It happens sometimes when I start up my computer and Sync automatically launches with it. It works again after restarting the application.

Here are two things I think might cause the issue:

1. My computer does not get internet access until maybe 5-10 seconds after logging in. I don't know why really, maybe it takes a bit for the switch and/or router to assign me an address? I don't know a lot about networks.
  2. I'm using NetLimiter to throttle my connection.

Woah, I guess I have to report another bug then, which is that it never told me about this update, even though I have it set to "Always check for updates to this version".

I'm connected like this, if that's what you mean:
My PC --- Switch --- Modem router --- Internet

It's a wired connection all the way.

I have now updated to 2.5.4, I'll let you know if I keep having the issue.