GreatMarko

Upcoming changes to Sync

Why did the version number go backwards? The version on the download page is now 2.3.5 whereas beforehand the latest version was 2.3.7.

36 minutes ago, eldrin said:

Why did the version number go backwards? The version on the download page is now 2.3.5 whereas beforehand the latest version was 2.3.7.

Thank you for reporting. We will fix it.

Woah, that's really interesting news. Will there continue to be a free version of Sync? I see that your website has a product called Connect now (https://getsync.com/connect/); I hope it will exist alongside Sync, and not replace it.

Sync really is a great product and I've been recommending it to my users. Good luck with the new company!

5 minutes ago, jrronimo said:

Will there continue to be a free version of Sync? I see that your website has a product called Connect now (https://getsync.com/connect/); I hope it will exist alongside Sync, and not replace it.

Sync Free & Sync Pro will both continue - "Connect" is essentially the name of the "enterprise" version of Sync

2 minutes ago, GreatMarko said:

Sync Free & Sync Pro will both continue - "Connect" is essentially the name of the "enterprise" version of Sync

Great news! Thanks!

Are you now able to release the software as open source so it can get audited by a independent authority and improved by it's users?

I'm using Syncthing for some years now, it's a great alternative!

By an email from Digitalychee, which claims as your reseller in China, license of Sync Pro will be turned into free minion version upgradings instead of annually payment. Is that true? If it is, how about the current Sync Pro subscripted users?

It's August 5th now; two months after the announcement. It has been an unusually long period without any Sync software releases.

Any news about Sync future roadmap? Will the next release have Resilio Sync branding? 

The delay has been primarily due to the rebranding from "BitTorrent" to "Resilio", however the next major release of Sync (2.4) is coming very soon, and includes some exciting new features! :)

Don't worry, Nodefield - the team haven't forgotten the Sync community!

As you can no doubt imagine, completely rebranding a product takes up a lot of time & resources - but normal service will be resumed very shortly... and Sync 2.4 will be worth the wait! :)

I use selective sync with Sync v 2.4 on macOS Sierra and since the update the option "Sync to this device" or "Delete from all devices" is not available anymore. Can I get this feature back?

Thanks...