SteveDonie

iOS Background Sync

As is mentioned on this thread...

http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/30432-ios-photo-backup-question/?hl=iphone

When BTSync app is active on your phone display - it runs backup. If you minimize it \ hide to background, it will stop backup and won't do it until you open it explicitly again.

It would be great if the app would automatically sync. I have other apps that automatically do things in the background - the application "Downcast" is good at this. 

Hi Guys,

Quite prepared to pay for the pro, currently in trial. 

I searched the forum already,  there was a few feature request and wishlist re iOS background sync in 2014. Another one in 2015. 

Is the iOS Background Sync ready yet? I am getting a new device, and would like to avoid Android and DropSync.

Cheers

Nelson

Nelson,

It's not something that can be done easily. It will require changing Sync's concept and core, its infrastructure. Currently Sync doesn't have any central server, and doesn't utilize http, so background work for it is not possible.

The team is aware of the request and doesn't forget it. 

Guys, are there any plans to enable background syncing ("background refresh") for iOS apps? It's so great to have my hard drive on my ios devices but not great to have to open sync regularly to make sure it's up to date..

When/if this feature is added, Im going pro (so to speak), with it I can finally stop using onedrive etc..

Why pay for storage when I have a 25tb server on 24/7..