tookaway

Desktop notifications

Is there any way in Windows OS to make BT Sync show pop-up notifications once any files get synchronized?

I see a "show notifications" option in the preference, but I do not see any notification regardless of whether the option is checked or unchecked. I have BT Sync installed on three machines, one with Windows 7 and two with Windows 10, and I'm having the same issue on all of them.

tookaway, Prior 2.1.3 version Sync notified users about it, but many users have complained about it so we removed it. But we'll try to make an option so you'll be able to configure which notification you would like to see.

Thanks. Such an option would be very useful.

tookaway, Prior 2.1.3 version Sync notified users about it, but many users have complained about it so we removed it. But we'll try to make an option so you'll be able to configure which notification you would like to see.

I second that. I would like sync notifications similar to dropbox, where I get notified via desktop notification when someone else adds or updates files in a shared folder. Throttling of notifications would also be nice. If there are more than one file being changed or added at a short interval I would get something like "15 files were deleted from folder1 by user4".

Turning it on or off by folder seems like a smart option to me. Lets say I have a folder used to share photos with my SAR-team. Every time someone adds or changes a file in this folder, I would like to be notified. Maybe I have another folder used for taking a backup of my phone. Then I might not want notification, so OI switch them off for that folder.

Is there a way to get popups when new files are added? I have turned on notifications, but that does not seem to do anything. Running Windows 2.3.7

Why would you not just make it optional? There is a button for it already, just make it actually work? I just dont know how to know when friends add files to our shared folders. Notifications seems pretty important.

14 hours ago, m0nsoon said:

Why would you not just make it optional? There is a button for it already, just make it actually work? I just dont know how to know when friends add files to our shared folders. Notifications seems pretty important.

+1

this feature is in the wishlist, so may be implemented in a while. We wish we could make all the features asked for right away, but we have to choose. 

In a meanwhile you can check the new files added in History. I know that it's not that cool as a popup. 

Any word on this? I was honestly pretty surprised to find it doesn't exist. I share my art, and am in other artists folders, and at the moment nobody ever knows when someone's added something.

History doesn't even work, since it's just a list of "finished syncing with x_user".