Desktop notifications

tookaway

Is there any way in Windows OS to make BT Sync show pop-up notifications once any files get synchronized?

I see a "show notifications" option in the preference, but I do not see any notification regardless of whether the option is checked or unchecked. I have BT Sync installed on three machines, one with Windows 7 and two with Windows 10, and I'm having the same issue on all of them.

• 5 months later...

I second that. I would like sync notifications similar to dropbox, where I get notified via desktop notification when someone else adds or updates files in a shared folder. Throttling of notifications would also be nice. If there are more than one file being changed or added at a short interval I would get something like "15 files were deleted from folder1 by user4".

Turning it on or off by folder seems like a smart option to me. Lets say I have a folder used to share photos with my SAR-team. Every time someone adds or changes a file in this folder, I would like to be notified. Maybe I have another folder used for taking a backup of my phone. Then I might not want notification, so OI switch them off for that folder.

• 1 month later...

this feature is in the wishlist, so may be implemented in a while. We wish we could make all the features asked for right away, but we have to choose. 

In a meanwhile you can check the new files added in History. I know that it's not that cool as a popup. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...