laurin1

[Solved] Archive not working for deleted files

This not working. No matter which machine I create the file and then delete it (same or different machines), the file does not show up in Archive.

@laurin1 Could you please check if the archive option is enabled in your folder preferences? Also note, that bigger files (1000Mb and more) are note saved to Archive to avoid hogging your disk space. This behavior can be changed by adjusting the "max_file_size_for_versioning" Power Option.

@laurin1 It's not just folder_defaults. Take a look at folder properties. Also, no need to test with very small files. As soon as file is smaller than 1000Mb it should be archived and versioned as designed.

Sync_Pro.png

No. I know it used to work, but I've tested this on 4 different machines (2 different IDs) and none of them are working.

Ok, I will send the logs, but I did more testing.

The "archive on delete function" is working, but not for "new" files. New meaning, if I create a file, let it sync to the other machine, then delete the file, it is not moved the Archive for the other machine.

However, if I delete a file that has been there (meaning, not created for my test, has been in this folder for weeks), the deleted file shows up in the Archive for the other machine.

It only is supposed to move to Archive on the machine the change was not made on, correct?

Um, I just checked both of these machines and "enable debug logging" is already enabled for both of these machines. I don't remember doing that....strange.

@laurin1 Indeed, Sync archives the file only if change arrived from different peer. For example, if peer A changes the file, it'll appear in Peer B archive. But not in A's archive. Also, if B never got the file before you deleted it on A, file will never appear in B's archive also.

In our test, yes, but we have not confirmed that the production issue is not valid. This all started because we have one machine, with one folder that seems to not have any new Archive files in while.