Files not syncing from single peer with encrypted folder

rainero

Hi all,

I have an issue with an encrypted folder. My setup is as follows: I am running btsync on a Raspberry Pi, which mounts a samba share that contains the folder for storing an encrypted version of my files. Every now & then I have a new file on my phone that I want to sync to my Pi for secure storage. When this is the case, I create a new folder pair  on my phone using my R/W key, sync the file, then remove the folder pair, and delete the file off my phone.

The problem is that I am unable to download files that I have synced to my Pi in the past. After adding the folder pair to my phone, I can see the filenames of the files I uploaded in the past, and I can add new files without any issues. However, when I click on a file I want to download, the progress bar is displayed, but nothing is downloaded.

When I couldn't get it working on my phone, I tried it on another Ubuntu PC using my R/W key, which also didn't work. When clicking on the history icon on the web interface of my Raspberry Pi, it shows that my other PC (as well as my Phone) are synchronised.

After I couldn't get my other PC to download the files, I tried the following on my PC:

1. Remove the existing R/W folder pair
  2. Add folder pair using Encryption key
  3. Stop the btsync daemon
  4. Delete the newly created folder
  5. Copy the folder with the encrypted files (incluing the .sync folder) from my Raspberry Pi's samba share folder to my PC to the location deleted in the previous step
  6. Start the service
  7. Try to download the file again using my phone, but without success

Any ideas what the problem might be?

rainero, could you clarify if you removed the folder from all peers or the folder remained added all that time on the RPi?

If you add a folder via read-only or encrypted key then put files to that folder, other peers won't receive those files if they don't exist on other peers.

Could you reproduce it and send us logs from all peers? Please mention this topic when you send logs.