Windows 7 doesn't show folders from other peers

Masta

Hi guys,

I really hit a dead end and need some help. I set up four devices as follows:

Device 1: Raspberry Pi using Raspbian as the first device for Sync.
Device 2: MacBook Pro 13 Retina as the second device, using the 35 digits from the Raspberry to link the devices.
Device 3: Moto X Play using the QR_Code from the Raspberry Pi to link the devices.
Device 4: Lenovo T450s running Windows 7, using the 35 digits from the Raspberry to link the devices.

The Problem:

If I add a folder on device 1, 2 or 3 it will show up and sync with any file on any other device besides device 4.
If I  add a folder on device 4, it will show and sync any file up on any device.

Somehow the Windows 7 device cannot find any shared folder from device 1, 2 or 3.
However any new file or folder on device 4 will be synced with device 1,2 and 3.

I deleted device 4 and added it as a new peer but same issue. I deinstalled Sync and reinstalled Sync on Windows 7 but same issue. 

Any ideas?

Hi Helen,

many thanks. It was as simple as enabling the Pro trial. I feel so embarrassed. 

Here are some thoughts on this topic:
# Adding a new peer to Sync, this peer should automatically receive Pro-Features if other peers are running in a Pro-Licences
# As long as a peer is using the trial Pro, it would be helpful if you chance the name of the Upgrade-Button. So users see that they are already using the Pro features but on a trial Version of Sync.

My mistake was assuming that I've already enabled the trial and hence never checked this option in my Win7 computer.

I really appreciate your quick reply.

Pro license (and pro features) are indeed synced among linked devices. Was your RPi upgraded to Pro with a license key? Then the problem might be in that - Pro not synced, though we didn't notice anything like this in the log.

Trial Pro is not synced among linked devices by design. Perhaps this will be reconsidered, thanks.