Sync very slow to react from qnap to windows

I have a folder on the QNAP NAS and I setup that folder in Sync on both the QNAP and a windows 10 pc.

After the Sync configuration, the folder on the Windows PC is immediately populated with all subdirs\files from the NAS.

Ater the initial sync, files changed\created on the PC start to be synced swiftly to the NAS (few seconds after they are changed\created on the PC).
The (big!) issue is that files changed\created on the NAS take minutes to start being replicated to the PC. 

Am I the only one having this issue?
Seems like Sync on the QNAP is not able to receive file system notifications from the NAS and so it syncs only during a periodic check.

Here the details:

• Windows 10 Pro (10.0.14393) - Sync  2.3.8 (560)
  • QNAP Nas TS-253A (4.2.2 Build 20160901) - Sync  2.3.8 (560)

@Roberto D How do you change the files on your QNAP? Over SMB / AFP? Is the latency around 10 minutes?

If yes, your issue is that QNAP does not send Sync file change notifications (which actually depends on how Samba and AFP daemons implemented by QNAP) and Sync detects changes during every 10-minutes rescan. In this case you can make rescan more frequent if you don't have much files. Though, it'll increase load on your HDD and prevent NAS from sleeping.

RomanZ

SMB

I didn't check the exact time but 10 minutes could be. I guess it can be tuned by changing the folder_rescan_interval parameter.

But even if that would be feasible, in the meantime I've also found another issue: files that are replicated by Sync from the windows pc to the NAS, are then ignored by the QNAP app that is supposed to replicate them from the QNAP folder to my Dropbox account (app that is working fine with files created\changed via SMB on the NAS).

Any idea on why and how to solve this new issue?

Thanks for your support.

Thanks RomanZ.

My goal was to have full 2-way replication among three locations: WinPC <--> QNAP-NAS <--> Cloud (DropBox\GoogleDrive)

After having spent too many hours testing apps and settings, I'm starting to think that the only reliable scenario is using just SMB to access NAS files from the WinPC.
Thus the only replication will be QNAP-NAS <--> DropBox\GoogleDrive .