Sync speed on finding file changes on NAS

Hello, 

I have a raspberry pi running sync and synchronizing folders from a home NAS (Apple Airport Extreme).  It's taking a long time for sync to re-index and find file changes on the NAS as they are modified/added/deleted by other machines accessing it and as far as I know the only way sync finds these changes is on re-scanning/re-indexing the NAS.

I have two point's I'd like bring here:

1) Is there a way to speed this process ? For instance prioritizing more important folders over others that I know are not often changed or are less important/critical?

2) Is there a way to tell sync to "look into that folder now" as I know things changed and want them to be shared asap?

These were somehow discussed years back without a clear answer so I am bringing the issue back, after several new versions as it seems they still exists or the solution or work-around (if any) was not shared.

Despite the points above, sync is a great product and refining it considering these points would make it even better.

Suggestions, hints are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Carlos Benjamin.

Carlos,
Reindexing is only one way Sync learns about files update. System notifications - are the other. And in your case the latter seems to be not working. 
To answer your questions:

1) Prioritisation is not implemented. To speed indexing, you can decrease rescan interval (in Sync settings -> Advanced -> power user). Or restart Sync. 
Decreasing rescan_interval may result in higher CPU usage, cause Sync will have to re-read all the files more frequently. Sync rescans all the shares one by one. 
2) Restart Sync. ion each start rescanning is taking place.