DS214 DSM6 and v2.3.8 sync issues

I upgraded our DS214 from DSM5.2 to DSM6 over the weekend.  Was running a very old version of BTSync that was bullet proof.  I decided to start from scratch after upgrading v2.3.8 (sadly, the old version didn't work with DSM6) -- creating new folders, and waiting for the initial sync to occur.

Now, syncing is unreliable to the point that I pulled the DS214 from the production environment, and am considering ditching the DS214 and/or BTSync (although I'm a paid business customer of the latter).

(1)  With one folder, syncing is only one way even though read/write has been checked (that is, everything is configured appropriately).  Anything changing on the NAS doesn't get pushed to the other clients until a reindexing occurs.  There is no system notification of immediate changes, in other words.

(2)  With the other folder -- 2 Mac clients and the NAS -- very strange things happen.  Files deleted on a Mac client will reappear.  Sometimes files will disappear.  Obviously, for a production environment, this is totally unacceptable.  If I pull the DS214 from the environment, everything works flawlessly.

In my estimation, it appears that v.2.38 for Synology is very unreliable on DSM6.  If others come across this thread, all I can say is beware -- it's not ready for prime-time.