norbert78

New folder not replicated to NAS

Dear forum,

I'm using BTSync for quite a while and basically everything is working fine (except the one or the other hassle) but since a few days I'm observing a behavior that I cannot really explain. 

I'm using a licensed version of BTSync and have my identity installed on quite a few devices. One of them is my synology diskstation that has two NIC. This means that my synology can be connected by the use of a different IP in my home network than from the outside. 

If I add a new folder to BTSync on my MacBook as long as I'm in the home network, this folder is automatically replicated to the synology NAS. When I leave my home network, all the folders still connect to my synology NAS. However, if I add a new folder to BTSync on my MacBook when I'm not in my home network, the synology NAS does not recognize this folder automatically. This is pretty strange as I would have expected an automated sync there as well. 

Can anybody here help be out? Am I expecting something that BTSync is not supposed to do or do I really have a connectivity issue here? If there is a connectivity isssue: How could I approach solving it?

Thanks

Norbert

20 hours ago, norbert78 said:

When I leave my home network, all the folders still connect to my synology NAS.

Does it mean that your NAS online on other sync shares? 
I think it stems from existing shares connecting on an already known through local NIC NAS's address. While fresh share does a new peer discovery though the public one and it's not clear how it's configured. 
Can you please contact support with details about your NIC on NAS (ifconfig, route -v at least), and debug logs from both? Thanks. 

Does it mean that your NAS online on other sync shares? 

Yes, that seems to be the case. 

I think it stems from existing shares connecting on an already known through local NIC NAS's address. While fresh share does a new peer discovery though the public one and it's not clear how it's configured. 

That still seems pretty strange to me. Event if the "old" shares already know the synology NAS as a peering partner. Shouldn't they only know its local address? I can't really figure out where the difference in the communication scenario lays for creating a new folder and syncing existing folders.

Can you please contact support with details about your NIC on NAS (ifconfig, route -v at least), and debug logs from both? Thanks. 

I'm currently on the move and without direct access to the NAS. I'll contact support as soon as I return home. 

Take your time. After seeing the logs we'll be able to give a more precise analysis and tell what difference in  new folder and syncing existing folders in your case.