Moving a synced folder to a new drive?

kelemvor

Hi,

I saw some references to this for old versions of Sync but didn't find anything concrete for the current version.

I have a folder at c:\users\me\whatever that's all synced up and working fine with two other computers.  I added a 2nd hard drive to my computer so I want to move all the files and such over to the D drive.  I'd rather not have to resync everything because it's 200+ gigs of stuff.

Does anyone have any step by step instructions on what I need to do to make it work properly?

Thanks!

Sync does not follow the folder when you move it to a different partition or phsyical drive.

You have to unlink the share on the maschine and then move the files to the new location. After that add that folder to sync and it will start to re-index the files.

This does not cause of all your files to be re-synced don't worry.

OK.  That's what I thought I would have to do.  How does this affect a share that goes between a bunch of computers?

I have 4 machines that all sync the same folder.  If I "remove" that folder from one of them, move the files to the new drive, then add it back by getting the key from one of the other 3, does that add the moved machine back into the group with all 4 or do I have to make any changes to the other 3?

Thanks.

well, is that PC linked with other 3 as "My devices"? If yes, and if you remove the folder from its Sync, the folder will be removed from others' Sync 
If this PC is not linked, you can go ahed and re-add the folder. It will be re-added as the forth peer. I don't see that you'll need to make any changes on those 3