[Solved] Owner: "You and 1 more"

eldrin

If I do this:

On computer 1:

Do a fresh install of Sync, create a new identity, set my default initial sync state to be 'Disconnected', and then add a new Advanced Folder.

And then this on computer 2:

Do a fresh install of Sync, link to the existing identity I just created on computer 1 by entering the appropriate code, set my default initial sync state to be 'Disconnected', and then connect to the Advanced Folder that I just created on computer 1

then when I display the column 'Owner', for that Advanced Folder it says "You and 1 more".

Surely it should just say "You". Who is the "1 more"?

these are the peers who have Owner access to the share - your computer 1 and 2. If you share Owner access to a non-linked device, or link a computer3 to your identity and connect the folder there, you will get "You and 2 more" and so on. 

You can see the list of those "and N more" in peer list. 

But if the computers are linked to the same identity, why do they count as separate owners?

And beforehand, when I had 4 computers linked to the same identity, I'm pretty sure it still said "You and 1 more" on each of the 4 computers, for each of my Advanced Folders that were connected.

just by chance I am reading this literally minutes after havoing searched for the reason why one or the other machien seems to connect twice or more often in parallel.... took me about an hour checking, reading, understanding... that "you and 1 more" doesn't mean there is multiple, parallel connections or multiple owners of a file but indeed is nothing oto worry of as you explain above.

Definitly I want to support the Eldrin's et.al. opinion to change the current messaging/wording. I'd go so for to recommend not to reflect these "multiple" instances (which are neither connections nor owners)  in the UI at all. after all: what does this information tell us on the helpful side of live?

anyway, thanks for clearing this up!