[Solved] Mac: Resilio 2.4.1 not starting at all under Sierra

relayhoster

Thanks for your answer. Where can I find the log file? I do not seem to have one...

EDIT: Found. Contains only

[21:24:47.972] Debug log mask has been set to 80000000
[21:24:47.972] Features mask has been set to 0

for each start. Seems that I disabled logging. Very smart :/

Edited by relayhoster

@all, 

launch it from Terminal, and see what output you get ( /Applications/Resilio\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/Resilio\ Sync ). 
If anyone could send the whole log file to us, not a line, that would be great, indeed. 

Check storage ~/Library/Application Support/ Resilio Sync and see if you have a foo.conf file there. Perhaps, there is some invalid config, that cannot be parsed at start, and Sync fails.  If this is the case, you'll see it reported in Terminal as advised above. 

@relayhoster,

when reinstalling, did you also clear the storage in ~/Library/Application Support/ Resilio Sync? If not, please do. But before doing it, enable logging, reproduce it and send to us 
You can also enable logging if you edit debug.txt there: put FFFFFFFF in first line, and 0 in second line.

@wsftech,

That line means that some of the html, or parameters  were not parsed. Do you launch Sync remotely? How? 
Check that you have file /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/Resources/ui.zip and please calculate its md5 (in Terminal you can do "md5 /Applications/Resilio\ Sync.app/Contents/Resources/ui.zip", without quotes.  

Thank you, Helen. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Launching from terminal gave me

"Can't lock pid file. It seems Resilio Sync is already running with pid 54496"

That was a great hint. I looked into Activity Monitor and did not find that process or any process related to Resilio.

Then I did

sudo ps aux | grep esil

and found

xxx        36581   0,0  0,3  2558260  23044   ??  Ss    8:39am   0:00.56 /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderExtension
xxx        81632   0,0  0,1  2564404   4664   ??  Ss   So07pm    0:02.20 /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderExtension
xxx        85913   0,0  0,1  2564404   4676   ??  Ss   11Okt16   0:04.74 /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderExtension
xxx        31664   0,0  0,1  2564480   4860   ??  Ss    3Okt16   0:09.69 /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/PlugIns/FinderExtension.appex/Contents/MacOS/FinderExtension
xxx        31540   0,0  0,0  3287988    868   ??  Ss    3Okt16   0:09.01 /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/Frameworks/Breakpad.framework/Versions/A/Resources/crash_report_sender.app/Contents/MacOS/crash_report_sender /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/Resilio Sync//Config-rgYgsw

I killed the process related to the last line (crash_report_sender.app) and tried to launch Resilio Sync. Guess what, it works again! Yes!

Two things would be interesting to know:

Is it OK to have four Finder Extension processes running?

Resilio told me that there was a process with ID 54496, but there wasn't. Is 54496 a crashed former instance which wasn't able to delete it's pid file?

Thanks again for the great support. I hope the problem does not occur again.

Edited by relayhoster

19 hours ago, relayhoster said:

Is it OK to have four Finder Extension processes running?

it's managed by mac, not by Sync. I guess, if Sync was not quit correctly, the corresponding plugin keeps running. So you can close Sync and kill all Sync Finder Extension in Activity monitor. After that go to System Preferences -> Extensions -> Finder and uncheck/check Resilio Sync there. 

On 10/19/2016 at 5:26 AM, Helen said:

@all, 

launch it from Terminal, and see what output you get ( /Applications/Resilio\ Sync.app/Contents/MacOS/Resilio\ Sync ). 
If anyone could send the whole log file to us, not a line, that would be great, indeed. 

@wsftech,

That line means that some of the html, or parameters  were not parsed. Do you launch Sync remotely? How? 
Check that you have file /Applications/Resilio Sync.app/Contents/Resources/ui.zip and please calculate its md5 (in Terminal you can do "md5 /Applications/Resilio\ Sync.app/Contents/Resources/ui.zip", without quotes.  

When I launched it from a command line, I saw that it was a stuck pid lock file error. Removed the lock file (after confirming that process was indeed dead), and Resilio started right up.

So it's possible that 2.4.1 has broken lock detection logic. (Usually it could/should check to confirm whether the pid is actually running.)

• 2 months later...

So, I followed all the steps and the problem persist:

Clean up library, reinstall..

This is the log:

And this is the result from the Terminal:

*** First throw call stack: