Unclear licensing beyond Sync Pro

ChickenBall

Hann,

With Resilio Sync for Workgroups, you need to have a license per person who's going to use Sync, It's stated on purchase page (click on 'i' icon under Quantity) and FAQ. Each person can use it on several machines. 
Resilio Connect is a pretty different case and price for it shall be discussed with sales team after contacting them

Hi Helen,

Despite what you say, I'm seeing a lot of mixed language in the site and in the FAQ. Hence my confusion.

On the actual comparison page (https://www.resilio.com/individuals/compare/#nav-start) it states that the Pro license is not for business use. It even states at the top that these plans are "for personal use only. If you wish to use Sync in your business, please check our business plan."

Which links to Sync for Workgroups. I found the volume licensing that you mentioned.

I think you guys need to get your copywriter to standardize the language across your website, but I digress.

Here's where I'm running into a problem with my situation. I have a client with under 20 users.

Some of them travel occasionally, but not the same people. So they have a couple loaner laptops.

How will the per-person licensing apply to users who share these systems? In this case, the cost of Sync for Workgroups becomes unfeasible because instead of having one user with many machines, my client has one machine with many users.

Microsoft's server licensing scheme, for example, provides CALs for both user and device levels. I feel that you could benefit from that model to appeal to clients like mine.

Thoughts?

@ChickenBall Currently, Sync licenses by user only. So, if single laptop has multiple users logging in and out, Sync will run separate set of folders for each and require separate license for each. We are not as large as Microsoft to support wide number of licensing flavors. Although, if you are going to purchase many licenses and have a special use case you can always contact our sales to discuss other possible pricing model for your case.