Sync does not work over some wi-fi networks

stefano_on

I wonder if anyone could shed some light on this

On some wi-fi networks Resilio Sync does not work. It shows there are no peers while in reality there are. As soon as I switch to another network it works. The networks where it doesn't work tend to be those in coffee shops, where I often work. I wonder whether this is a problem with Sync or that somehow some public network can detect and block Sync's activity

If anyone has had a similar experience or has a solution to this I'd be happy to hear

Many thanks

At my school I've had difficulty because of all the firewalls security stuff.  Many websites are blocked.  I've gotten around it by using an VPN.  This usually works, although I seem to have to empty the cache or restart my tablet to get the peers up.  My laptop on Windows 7 Pro seems happy with the VPN and Resilio Sync.

• 5 months later...

I was experiencing more difficulty connecting to Resilio Sync recently.  I have discovered it's related to Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.  I have uninstalled KIS 2017 and installed KIS 2016 and the issue seems to have resolved itself.  I now seem to have a solid Sync connection using my VPN at my school.

Instead of uninstalling a new Version of an Anti Virus System one should make him or herself familiar with the security application that prohibits access to services.

I can think of ways that you would've been able to troubleshoot this further without going back to an older, not as up to date, Version of your security solution.