geoffwea

Raspberry Pi - Edit configuration via Nano

Hi

How might one reduce to amount of logging which accumulates in day-to-day operation of my Pi? My SD card isn't very large, and I'm concerned that the constant activity generated by Sync might consume more that its fair share of storage. I assume thing like log TTL or other variables related to the retention of log files / journals have a variable somewhere.

Where would I find this variable in Debian / OSMC?  These more granular variables don't seem to appear in the web GUI.

Cheers, Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

It's rather easy. You need to locate debug.txt file, and ensure that the first line contains "0" (zero, no quotes) instead of "FFFFFFFF". Then restart Sync. It'll reduce amount of logging to zero :). debug.txt stays in /var/lib/resilio-sync if you installed Sync with our official package.

thanks

I'm afraid I've only got this package available from deb http://debian.yeasoft.net/btsync wheezy main contrib non-free / deb-src http://debian.yeasoft.net/btsync wheezy main contrib non-free. Version 2.0.93.

I've tried latest release however seems to be always indexing and chews through lots of CPU. 

Is there a method of modifying logging this older version....i don't appear to have a file called debug.txt in this directory.

Cheers, Geoff. 

Edited by geoffwea
clarity

Geoff,

The package you use is unofficial and no longer is supported by it's creator, so I can't advise you where to find debug.txt. Though, searching thru your drive with

sudo find / -name debug.txt

should do the trick.