warning and error messages

iaw4

for me, the best aspect about resilio sync is that it is the *only* filesync solution that does not mess up symbolic links.

for me, the worst aspect is that the warning and error messages are not verbose enough.  when two folders do not sync, please tell us why.  is it a permission issue?  is it a directory existence issue?  is it something else that is stranger?   when it says "not enough free space on the drive," add how much there is and how much it needs, and on what host the problem lies.  can I see on all hosts which of my hosts has the problem?  (could be in a hidden .resilio-warning file?)

when it works, it is fantastic.

16 hours ago, iaw4 said:

for me, the worst aspect is that the warning and error messages are not verbose enough.  when two folders do not sync, please tell us why.  ...  (could be in a hidden .resilio-warning file?)

Have you tried looking in the debug logs? (sync.log) (you may in fact find that these are TOO verbose for you!)

not yet.  :-).  good to know.

alas, the gui should be a little more userfriendly in this respect and filter what is of relevance a bit better.  it could show the names of the connected hosts, rather than just a number.  it could display the last error if something failed (e.g., permissions, out of space, etc.).  it could display the last few files synched if one double clicks on the directory.

wading through admin sync files is not great.  otoh, given that a lot of info is already there, enhancing the gui should not be hard.