How can I combine Sync All with share to someone outside My Devíces?

Hello,

I am a rather new user and I am learning new things all the time.

Recently, I linked an amount of my computers into My Devices. For the sake of learning, I set them to different types of syncing.
The one that is set to Sync All will receive data without any manual input.

If I want to share a folder to someone outside My Devices, how do I prevent it to be part of My Devices? In other words, the computer with the setting Sync All shall not take part of this share.

If you have a share, lets call it "Vacation Photos" and want to have a friend of yours read only access to that share so that he can receive all photos but won't be able to delete or add new photos to that folder, what you would do is create a link for that share and set it to read only mode.

You send that link to your friend and he adds this share and only this share to his Sync installation. You will get a notification that he added the link and his PC will show up as an additional peer for that share in your Sync instance. He won't be able to access all other folders this way.

Did this clear things up for you? If not let me know.

Thanks Moe,

what you explain, I understand. However, if I do share the Vacation Photos which are meant to the friend, my other computers that are set up as "Sync All", they will also be shared.

I want to have separate shares, ie the ones for my friends are only for my friends and should be excluded from My Devices. Is that possible?

On 12/13/2016 at 11:48 AM, Haider of Sweden said:

my other computers that are set up as "Sync All", they will also be shared.

No they will not be shared. But yes, they will also add "Vacation Photos" to their Sync, and, being in "Sync All" mode, will download all the files there. 

On 12/13/2016 at 11:48 AM, Haider of Sweden said:

Is that possible?

I don't think so. All devices from "my devices" list share same folder - you add/remove a folder on one of them, it appears/disappears on all others. That's the core functionality of "My devices". If you don't want it, just don't link devices and manually share the folders thru link/key only with those who the folder is intended for.