Fritzbox SSD

I have a Fritzbox 7390 with a SSD Drive connected with USB, it is connected via ftp (192.168 ****) with a user name and password.  I want to sync some files to it from my Android Galaxy S7 Edge and my Galaxy NotePro. Can't seem to connect to the SSD at all ..............  some help needed for a newbie 

btw .....Thanks in advance for any replies/help

I am trying to use settings/advanced/proxy and use either Socks 4 or 5 or https  

The SSD USB drive I have is on the same WiFi and reachable at 192.168.178.1 via ftp with a user name and password. I have no problem connecting with ES File explorer and other file managers that I've used in the past.   Thanks for the interest in my problem so far  .............. Cheers Gerry N

ok, got it. 

Sync will not reach the drive over FTP, not designed so. And proxy here is used only for peers to connect to each other, if one of them is behind a proxy. 

You have two options: 

1) install Sync directly on Fritzbox and add the folder from the drive right on the box. I guess it's on arm, right? So you can download and run arm binary there.  I suppose you'll need to set it to listen to all interfaces so as to reach its webui. See the guide here .

2) configure your drive to be shared by samba, and map it on your tablet as a network share. Add it to Sync on the tablet. However, it's a 'heavy' load on the tablet, so i expect slow syncing.