Latest Desktop Build 2.4.4

RomanZ

Dear community,

Resilio Sync 2.4.4 is now officially available. You can get it via direct links below, "Check now" button in app or via official download page. The build is also published to auto-update.

UPGRADE
Resilio Sync 2.4 is released with Resilio brand, it is treated by OS as new application and will propose you to migrate all your settings from old BitTorrent Sync app (settings are backed up during migration).
Please carefully read these articles about updating to Resilio Sync and migration of settings.

DOWNGRADE
Resilio Sync will make a backup copy of all your settings prior migration into "sync-v2.3.7-1471003319.backup"-like folder (version and timestamp may vary). If you decide to return to 2.3.*, you'll need to manually copy the content to your storage folder, remove Resilio Sync and be aware of next downgrade drawbacks:

1. You'll downgrade to "Free" version and you'll have to re-apply license manually. File association with license files *.btskey is broken so you'll need to apply license in BTSync UI
  2. Linking new devices to downgraded Sync is not possible. You'll need to recreate identity if you want to link some new device.
  3. Downgrade is not supported for Selective Sync folders (as all placeholder files are renamed to *.rsl*). If you downgrade and your Sync has Selective Sync folders, your files are going to be deleted on all peers.

Direct Download Links:

A list of what's new, improved, changed, and fixed in this version is available in the change log.

If you have an older version (2.4.3 in my case) running as a service, the automatic updater installs a new instance as "standard" desktop build. It doesn't update the service; It just install a new copy of Resilio Sync without import the previous config. The previous version will be continuing running as a service, but i don't gets upgraded.

Thanks

Glad to see there was a new update, and the auto-update worked just fine for me.

Unfortunately now I'm seeing some performance issues. Specifically, I'm now noticing my mouse lags a bit every now and then and it's super frustrating as you can imagine!

I'm on Windows 10, had the latest 2.3.* BT Sync installed previously and I didn't experience any mouse lags with that version. So I might have to rollback but am a little depressed I'll have to re-add all my shares!

Anyways, happy to share any other diagnostics or logs if needed, though I can't remember how to exactly so if someone could point me in the right direction I'll share anything that's helpful in troubleshooting (assuming others are having similar issues and I'm not the only one!)

Thanks

9 hours ago, ironsoup said:

Anyways, happy to share any other diagnostics or logs if needed, though I can't remember how to exactly so if someone could point me in the right direction...

Collecting Debug Logs

However, it would first be worth opening your Windows Task Manager and seeing what your CPU utilization is - mouse "lags" usually happen when the CPU is running maxed out. The Task Manager will allow you to identify which process is hogging the CPU... be worth checking that it is actually Sync that's the culprit.

18 hours ago, jbrugger said:

If you have an older version (2.4.3 in my case) running as a service, the automatic updater installs a new instance as "standard" desktop build. It doesn't update the service; It just install a new copy of Resilio Sync without import the previous config. The previous version will be continuing running as a service, but i don't gets upgraded.

Thanks

This is not related to my situation. I'm not running Sync as a service, also linux version is affected too.

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2016 at 3:00 PM, Helen said:

@jbrugger,
when launching Resilio Sync.exe, did you check "install as service" ? it's unchecked by default. 

@progmachine,
also, please contact support with a few details about your network and debug logs from both devices that do not reconnect. Thanks. 

@Helen As you can see in my post, I was talking about the automatic update, which doesn't shows any wizard (and therefore the "install as service" is not selectable).

hmm, when using web ui, there is only a bell notification about new versions, like this

3edb3723d0.png  
and 'Download now' - is just a link to download .exe for it's further manual launching. Once launched manually, there is option to select "install as service" in the wizard. And in this case Sync updated all right from v2.4.3 to v.2.4.4....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2017 at 3:42 AM, Helen said:

@zbigb69

The discovered problem was fixed. So you have something new. Please contact support with details about your case , setup, and debug logs. Thanks. 

Helen,

Does that mean a new release is around the corner? Contemplating whether to downgrade additional machines or hold off and see if the problems were fixed in a new 2.4.x.  Considering the new issues introduced, figured there'd be an update within 3 months, but could be running into more problems than anticipated preventing getting another update out.

Thanks