A wider range of sharing options

Haider of Sweden

Hi!

What caught my attention and had me buy Sync was the ability to share any file located anywhere on the computer with anyone. True freedom compared to eg Dropbox, OneDrive and the likes.

Then I discovered Synced-mode which was great, since it offers a maintenance-free system where you sync what you need on one computer and can be assured it's going to be synced on the others.

Unfortunately, those great features are offered in an either-or fashion: either a network of linked devices, or regular share between different persons.
01.JPG

I would love to see both those options available: I might want to sync all my photos to the NAS; while adding a school-project between me and one of my class-mates, and another teamworking project which I share with another bunch of people. Without having those folders synced to the NAS.

02.JPG

If I dare to bring in a third case, I would even suggest more than just one link-network. Why? Because the Sync-mode is a great tool that I might want to have in more than one case (eg the Computer <-> NAS link).

Thanks!

You can already share in the way you desire - you can link all your devices  (i.e. "My Network" in your images) and add folders that will sync between your own devices, and then "Share" any of these folders with external people (i.e. your "group of friends")

See: https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/204790709-Sync-Share-Dialog-Desktop-

• 2 weeks later...

Thank Marko

Precisely. However, If I want to share something just between "me" and "group of friends", it wont work as it is right now.

The problem isn't really that anyone within any of my devices sees those files (because basically, my devices consist of me, myself and I), but rather that some of the devices are meant to have the sync-all setting and therefor, anything I share to my friends (and that is meant for them) will also end up on the device that syncs anything you feed it with.

On 25/12/2016 at 8:25 PM, Haider of Sweden said:

.. anything I share to my friends (and that is meant for them) will also end up on the device that syncs anything you feed it with.

Not if you set all your devices to "Disconnected" mode - that way, when you add a new folder on one device, it won't automatically sync with all your other devices.

You can then copy the sharing link to share the folder with your "friends"