Sync 2.4.2 on Seagate-D4 randomly stops responding

I am having trouble with Sync on my Seagate-D4 NAS.  I am running 2.4.2 on the NAS, my other peers are Windows based and running 2.4.4.  The Windows peers are up to date and synced, I am trying to add the NAS into the mix.  It has synced about 100GB of 1TB so far, but every couple of hours the Sync on the NAS stops responding and I need to stop the service, and restart it.  I know where to find the logs on the Windows peers, but need help troubleshooting the NAS. 

The only thing I have found that has possibly increased the time between crashes,  I have set rate_limit_local_peers to true on the NAS, which has appeared to slow the transfers down.  but at this rate, with 100GB per day, it's going to take over a week for the initial sync.  Any thoughts and help greatly appreciated!

Chuck

Chuck, 

did you check RAM on your NAS? I think there might be just not enough memory on the nas to process all these files - count around 2Kb for each file and each subfolder in its path.
Option rate_limit_local_peers actually means limiting LAN bandwidth. 

As for logs, here you can learn about their location on a NAS. You can retrieve  them any way you like, via scp (here's a guide), FTP, and so on.