sync/delete with selective sync

zbigb69

Hello,

Hello, i have pro resilio. SO i can selctive sync.

First of all, i find the delete on all computer (don't now the exact title, i run french os), isn't a very good option. At least it should be an option to configure, or an warning before delete by mistake.

Well, the sync on this machine is a good option. it works well, and on lan it's pretty fast.
But if i sync one entire folder, it sync everything in it. Good

Now if i want to unsync on this computer, i have to take each files and select delete on this computer.
If i choose a folder, it delete everything in it, and i can't see anymore what is inside. So i can't re sync only a file in it. I have to sync the folder, then go in each subfolder and choose delete on this device.

i don't know if it's normal, but not very nice to use.

thanks

If you have a folder inside of your Selective Sync Share that is called "Subfolder" that contains "Subfile1.txt" and "Subfile2.txt" and you delete that folder "Subfolder" you should see something like "Subfolder.rsl" and if you double click that it should put the folder there and create the selective sync temp files afterwards.

Take a look at https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/206115384-What-Is-an-RSLS-File-

and https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/205458095-Selective-Sync

yes it is exactly that.
and not very usefull...

For the first sync, i can see all files as .rsls file, so it's good i can go where i want and sync the file i want.

if i sync one entire folder with multiple subfolders and subfolder of subfolder, the day i choose to unsync, i will have only the main folder.
What i want is have all my hierarchy folder to sync one single file anywhere in the hierarchie.

i can after the fist sync, why it's no possible after choosing to unsync form one computer...

fist sync :

> main subfolder
>> folder
>>> file.rsls
>>> file.rsls
>> folder
>>> file.rsls
>>> file.rsls
>>> file.rsls

if i sync it's turning everything goog

then if i unsync 

> main subfolder.rsls

then i can't have acces my whole folder and files...

it's bad and unconvenient, isn't it ??

then if i double clic, the main folder go back to a folder, not a rsls file, but it's still empty
If i just want to see what's inside, i haev to turn back on the sync, if not it stay empty forevern as if it was empty on all devices...

So i have to unsync contents folder by folder, so i can still see the full hierarchy
Really not practical and a real waste of time

14 hours ago, zbigb69 said:

then if i double clic, the main folder go back to a folder, not a rsls file, but it's still empty

Files shall be syncing into this subfolder. But instead of double clicking, try "Sync to this device" context menu.
And while they are being synced, they do not show up there. Do they appear when syncing is actually done? 

Actually what platform you're on? 

Here an exemple :

if i look at my folders :

58973b5c81.png

then if i sync the whole folder

a1d0b347ef.png 20ec95f18f.png 70d72c8d25.png

if i unsync the folder :

1365b8843d.png 

and if i double clic the folder.rsls

61ad1a2632.png

then if i right clic and sync the folder, everything syncs again, but i don't want to, i juste want to see all fils.rsls, like first picture, in case i want to sync again file_022.rtf for exemple.

if i want to retrieve the whole hierarchy .rsls, i have to select just the files in each subfoler, if not i can't see all my files.rsls

because here is a easy exemple, but sometime i have hundred of files in lots of subfloder, and with a lot of bytes to sync. so it is very unconvenient to unsync files in a lot of folders, and delete just the main folder remove the ability to go through the hierarchy to assess any file in any subfolder

I understand your idea. 

Try the following: when you right-click on the folder.rsls and "sync to this device" it, leave it alone for some 5-10 minutes (the more files you have inside it, the more time give it). Don't do anything at all - no restarts, etc. Check in a while and see if rsls show up. 

• 5 years later...