Sync does not support your web browser

walkngdude

Hello, I just reinstalled sync after formatting my C drive and it seemed to be running fine. But now when I click on the little windows arrow in the lower right corner and right click on sync and choose "hide/show sync" it pops up in a window that only says:

"Sync does not support your web browser.

For your security, please use a current version of Chrome or Firefox."

Any help on this?

On 12/29/2016 at 1:00 AM, Helen said:

did you install it as service or not? 
What IE version you have and is IE active (enabled or disabled) on your PC?
Open a browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8888/gui , see what you get. 

1) I did not install as a service (I believe). There was an option with a box that said it would run in the browser and I did not check it.

2) Internet Explorer says it's version: 8.0.761.17514

3) When I type in the loopback address, port 8888/gui in Firefox I get a window asking for my login information. Then I type in a common ID I often use I get  what looks like a functioning Sync window. When I do the same in Internet Explorer after I login I get the error massage that I described above.

I would prefer that Sync not run in a browser. Also I just found a link for IE version 11 for Windows 7 (my OS) that I have now installed. I'm going to restart now and see if that fixes it. I think that it will. Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, walkngdude said:

2) Internet Explorer says it's version: 8.0.761.17514

3) When I type in the loopback address, port 8888/gui in Firefox I get a window asking for my login information. Then I type in a common ID I often use I get  what looks like a functioning Sync window.

that's it. Sync requires IE 9 or newer to render its UI. Without IE Sync will open inly as web-page. 

• 5 years later...

I had the same trouble as you said yesterday. OS  whs2011, I installed the newest chrome and firefox browser, but it didn't work.

Finally shooting this trouble after I installed the IE9(X64), now I can open the sync's GUI(version 2.6.3), cause my machine is outdate( Lenovo W130S, Cpu Atom N270, 2G DDR2 800)to run chrome browser.  Sorry for my English.