Adding a shared folder to an identity

norbert78

HI forum,

Im using resilio sync for some years now but I'm just a little bit lost as I think that some of the behavior regarding identities changed. 

I have an identity with 10 folder that is shared from my NAS to two PCs, a Macbook and an Ipad. When somebody now sends me a link with a shared folder invite, I usually accept this on my Macbook. But in former times, the shared folder has automatically added to my identity and therewith showed up on all my devices. But the folder that I just added Yesterday only shows up on the MacBook and not on the other devices unless I also pair the other devices explicitely.

I'm a little bit lost here. What is the intended behavior of sync and is it possible to change it?

Thanks in advance

Norbert 

Norbert,

Indeed, a new folder, added on one of the devices, appears on all others which are linked and online. But there are a few cases when it will not:

1) obviously - when devices are not online.  Or are not linked to same identity actually 9check the fingerprint).
2) You've linked them when was on Trial Pro, then trial expired. Devices remain linked, but the feature ceases functioning. However, as far as I can see you're on Pro, right? 
3) reasons like time difference, etc,
If neither is the case for you, please contact support, send the debug log from that Mac and any other device (better a PC), mention this forum topic and mention which exactly and how exactly folder you were adding, here's instruction on collecting logs. 

Thanks.

I now found the source of the issue. It seems that the shared folder is always added under the name that the owner of the shared folder took. 

So, when 100 people send me a folder named "Document" andI accept these share, I will usually rename the folder to "Documents_1", .. on the machine that I use to accept the invite. However, all other machines of my identity still see the folders as "Document" "Document" "Document".....  In the end, there is no way to figure out, which folder is which :-(

Is this really the intended behavior? 

Thanks

Norbert

Norbert, 

You can pick the folder name on a peer at the moment when you connect this folder. on other linked devices, where the folder is still being disconnected, it takes the original name. So yes, this is how it's designed. Sync itself cannot change the folder's name unless you do that.