Pro Trial: Not understanding some things happening

Hi,

I started my Pro-Trial yesterday and I've come across a few things that I don't understand.

1:
I chose "Try-Pro" on my desktop and then linked my laptop. I was expecting the laptop to automatically go on Pro-Trial too. it didn't happen. In the end but I hit the Pro-Trial button on the laptop too. Was this correct?

2:
I synced a folder on my NAS (lets' call it ABC) with my desktop.
On my desktop I didn't see the folder structure Resilio Sync > ABC. It just dumped all the content of ABC into the folder "Resilio Sync".
On my laptop the folder structure was Resilio Sync > Resilio Sync.
What did I do wrong? I want to have the folder structure Resilio Sync > ABC on all my devices.

3:
Does Selective Sync placeholders also include metadata? I would like to use the Selective Sync feature to reduce network load on my NAS as I often have to look for files using spotlight.

Cheers,
Edward

1. yes. Trial is not shared. You are to enable trial on each desktop deliberately. 
Pro (with a license key applied) does propagate to a newly linked device. Trial - does not. 

2. Check what is the default folder path in Sync settings on your desktop. Sync will create the ABC  folder there. 
But actually more details with steps, a few screenshots would indeed help to understand how exactly you were connecting the folders. 
Meanwhile, see these on how to pick folder location 
https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/205506569-Can-I-connect-two-pre-populated-folders-
https://help.getsync.com/hc/en-us/articles/206216615-How-to-manually-set-the-location-of-the-folders-synced-across-my-devices-

3. I don't know what exactly metadata you might need, but see the placeholder's metadata by typing command in Terminal 
mdls /path/to/file.rsls 
instead of typing the path, drag the file from Finder to Terminal. 

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the reply. I got number 2 sorted out by creating a ABC folder on the desktop and syncing that with the NAS folder. Then the laptop also had the same folder structure.

With 3: I would like to have the meta information that you see in the Mac OS finder if you go on info. A small thumbnail of the file or image would also be awesome so that it's not just a file name to go by.

Cheers,
Edward

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2017 at 0:08 AM, Helen said:

Edward,

#3 will be considered, but that will add a big load on the device...

I didn't think too much about the load.

May I then suggest that extra features like thumbnails on placeholders is realised in a separate application.

I would hate too see Sync get unusable over time because of feature creep.

I'd rather see a structure where you have a super fast core component like now and you can then download and install additional apps with their own processes and lower priorities.