Ubuntu 16.10 - Changing Default Folder error

TrunkleBob

Brand new laptop running Ubuntu 16.10... I've installed Resilio using the instructions on this page https://www.resilio.com/blog/official-linux-packages-for-sync-now-available with no issue.

I have a second drive mounted at /media/tony/ExtraDrive1. I created a folder at that location called MySync. In the Web UI, if I paste /media/tony/ExtraDrive1/MySync into the default folder field under preferences, I get an error "This folder does not exist." If instead of pasting the path, I click choose and navigate the directory tree, when I try to expand /media/tony I get the little loading circle, and as far as I can tell it will never complete (I let it run for at least 10 minutes once).

My assumption was that it was a permissions issue, so I made sure that the group was rslsync for each level (/media, /media/tony, /media/tony/ExtraDrive1, etc.), but I still get the same issue. I also restarted the service after making any permission changes, and have also rebooted at least once since making them.

Any idea/suggestions?

Thanks,

TrunkleBob

I'm fairly new to Linux, so I'm not positive what you're asking, but here's the output of mount regarding that drive:

/dev/sda1 on /media/tony/ExtraDrive1 type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)

And here's it's line in fstab:

UUID=efc939b3-594e-4960-b259-8e9983bdc1e5  /media/tony/ExtraDrive1  ext4  errors=remount-ro  0  1

Both Nautilus and Caja navigate to it fine, and I was able to save a file there using Firefox's picker.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Helen said:

@keitakawada

are you trying to sync two drives plugged in on the same machine via Sync? This cannot be done
If not, please give any exact details on what you're trying to achieve, what exactly error message or problem you encounter. 

Hello. Yes this is exatly what i am trying to do. Why this isnt possible? I m newby on linux  so i dont understand why i cant have root access on the secondary drive. ( the problem come frome here isnt it ?)..

Ok so that s not the same problem for me. I am syncing 3 folders on the same drive ans that s work. If i want to select a folder on my secondary drive it says i don't have permissions. I just realise that thzt is not a probleme of syncing two different drive because i still have the problem if i select only one folder on this secondary drive...

@keitakawada,

please confirm what you're actually trying to do. 
If you click on "Add folder" and pick a folder from your drive,  and get "Don't have permissions to write to selected folder", then you need to give Sync rw access to the folder. The error is pretty self-descriptive.

If this is something else, please give more specific details about it: exact steps, exact error message, etc.