(debian-linux8) Restarted rslsync, lost .conf

Justo66

Hello, 

I recently restarted rslsync (pkill rslsync) and then started it again with the command : "/media/sdi1/myusername/rslsync/rslsync --config /media/sdi1/myusername/.rslsync/rslsync.conf"

Once running again, the webui would not let me in with the old password/user combo...So I commented out the password_hash section of the .conf and restarted. At this point webui prompted me to enter a username/password which I did a new one. 

Now all of my folders are not in rslsync...

The configuration file was the same as what was running, at least I believe it was, before initally killing it I ran a ps -eaf | grep rslsync, and the output showed the same command as above...

Is there anyway to get my folders to be recognized again by rslsync? And for future reference how should restart properly?

thanks for your time. 

@pmdevita,

There are a number of ways to launch Sync on a linux, and each time you have a number of options to set storage: 

1) run service as default user (rslsync) by installing Sync package. Storage will be /var/lib/resilio-sync. And yes, this is defined in config file of the service. 
2) run as current user (your_user) by installing Sync package and enabling it as user. Storage will be /home/username/.config/resilio-sync/storage. And yes, this is defined in config file of the service. 

3) just download and run binary 
3.1) you can launch it with config (--config parameter)  and define storage here. 
3.2) you can launch it without any parameters, and storage will be the .sync folder created in the current directory - the one from which you launch it. So if you change your pwd and launch Sync, new storage will be created here. 
3.3) manually point Sync to wanted storage with --storage parameter. 

And whichever option you pick, the core idea is that each time you launch Sync, it shall be the same way as before and/or the same storage shall be used. Hope it helps .